Nội dung chính của bài viết
Objectives: To evaluate the correlation between intrahepatic covalently closed circular DNA (cccDNA) and serum HBV pregenomic Ribo nucleic acid (pgRNA) in treatment-naïve chronic hepatitis B (CHB) patients. Methods: A total of 105 treatment-naïve CHB patients from the Department of Infectious Diseases, Military Hospital 103, Vietnam Military Medical University, were enrolled from 2017 to 2020. Real-time RT-PCR methods were used to quantify serum HBV pgRNA and intrahepatic cccDNA. Clinical and histopathological assessments were also performed. The patients were categorized into two groups: HBeAg-positive CHB (n = 59) and HBeAg-negative CHB (n = 46). Statistical analyses were conducted using Medcalc 20.019. Results: In treatment-naïve patients, the average concentration of cccDNA and HBV RNA were 1.61 ± 0.40 log10 copies/cell and 4.88 ± 1.65 log10 copies/mL, respectively. A positive linear correlation was observed between HBV pgRNA and cccDNA, especially in the overall group and the HBeAg-negative subgroup, as well as in patients with HAI score ≥ 9 and Fibrosis score ≥ 3 (r = 0.49, r = 0.56, and r = 0.57; p < 0.01, respectively). Conclusion: The study findings indicate a positive linear correlation between intrahepatic cccDNA and serum HBV pgRNA in CHB patients. HBV pgRNA can serve as a reliable marker in the management of CHB patients.
Chi tiết bài viết
Chronic Hepatitis B (CHB), HBV pregenomic RNA, cccDNA
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Lena Allweiss and Maura Dandri. The Role of cccDNA in HBV Maintenance. Viruses. 2017; 9:156.
3. Nguyen Dinh Ung, Do Le Quyen, Ho Huu Tho, et al. Selective detection of HBV pre-genomic RNA in chronic hepatitis B patients using a novel RT-PCR assay. Clinical and Experimental Medicine. 2023; 1-4. https://doi.org/ 10.1007/s10238-023-01162-6.
4. Chin Wu, Wen-Chun Liu, et al. Clinical Implications of Serum Hepatitis B Virus Pregenomic RNA Kinetics in Chronic Hepatitis B Patients Receiving Antiviral Treatment and Those Achieving HBsAg Loss. Microorganisms. 2021; 9(6).
5. Yanwei Zhong, Jiaqi Han, et al. Quantitation of HBV covalently closed circular DNA in micro formalin fixed paraffin-embedded liver tissue using rolling circle amplification in combination with real-time PCR. Clin Chim Acta. 2011; 412(21-22):1905-1911.
6. Florian van Bömmel, et al. Serum HBV RNA is an Early Predictor of HBeAg Seroconversion in Patients with Chronic Hepatitis B (CHB) Treated With Peginterferon Alfa-2a (40KD). Hepatology. 2015; 61(1):7-11.
7. Yi-Wen Huang, Kazuaki Chayama, et al. Detectability and clinical significance of serum hepatitis B virus ribonucleic acid. Hepatobiliary Surg Nutr. 2015; 4(3):197-202.
8. Xiaomei Wang, et al. Serum HBV RNA correlated with intrahepatic cccDNA more strongly than other HBV markers during peg-interferon treatment. Virology Journal. 2021; 18(1):4.
9. Ling - Bo Liang, et al. Quantitative intrahepatic HBV cccDNA correlates with histological liver inflammation in chronic hepatitis B virus infection. International Journal of Infectious Diseases. 2016; 52:77-82.
10. Yuhua Gao, Yutang Li. Serum Hepatitis B Virus DNA, RNA, and HBsAg: Which Correlated Better with Intrahepatic Covalently Closed Circular DNA before and after Nucleos(t)ide Analogue Treatment? Journal of Clinical Microbiology. 2017; 5:10.