Nội dung chính của bài viết
Objectives: To investigate the level of serum soluble ST2 (sST2) and its association with some clinical and subclinical indices in patients with chronic heart failure (HF). Methods: A prospective cohort study was performed on 116 patients diagnosed with chronic HF at the Cardiology Department, Military Hospital 103, Hanoi and Cardiology Department, 19-8 Hospital - Ministry of Public Security, Hanoi, Vietnam, and 40 control patients at General Health Examination Department, Military Hospital 103, Hanoi from November 1, 2019 to September 30, 2022. Serum sST2 was measured using an enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Results: The mean age (± standard deviation) of patients with chronic HF was 68.3 (± 15.9) years, with 57.8% of the total patients who showed their age was > 65 years. The median serum sST2 level in the group of patients with chronic HF (median: 5.89 ng/mL) was significantly higher than those in the control group (median: 2.39 ng/ml) (p < 0.05). Serum sST2 level increased as LVEF decreased, with the highest level in HF with reduced EF patient group, followed by HF with mildly reduced EF, and HF with preserved EF groups. Serum sST2 level had a significant, positive correlation with heart rate in chronic HF patients. The serum sST2 level in the group of NYHA class IV was significantly higher than those in the group of NYHA class III and II (p < 0.05). Conclusion: The level of serum sST2 increased in chronic HF patients. Serum sST2 level associated with left ventricular ejection fraction, and NYHA classification in chronic HF patients.
Chi tiết bài viết
Soluble suppression of tumorigenicity 2, Heart failure, NYHA classification
Tài liệu tham khảo
2. Bozkurt B, et al. ACC/AHA key data elements and definitions for heart failure: A report of the American College of Cardiology/American Heart Association task force on clinical data standards (Writing Committee to Develop Clinical Data Standards for Heart Failure). Circulation: Cardiovascular Quality and Outcomes. 2021; 14(4):e000102.
3. Nguyễn Lân Việt, et al. Khuyến cáo của Hội Tim Mạch Quốc Gia Việt Nam về chẩn đoán và điều trị suy tim: Cập nhật 2015.
4. Pascual-Figal DA, et al. Soluble ST2 for predicting sudden cardiac death in patients with chronic heart failure and left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Journal of the American College of Cardiology. 2009; 54(23):2174-2179.
5. Ky B, et al. High-sensitivity ST2 for prediction of adverse outcomes in chronic heart failure. Circulation: Heart Failure. 2011; 4(2):180-187.
6. Lê Khắc Hiệp. Nghiên cứu đặc điểm lâm sàng, cận lâm sàng, nồng độ ST2 huyết thanh hòa tan ở bệnh nhân suy tim mạn tính. Luận văn bác sĩ chuyên khoa II. 2020. Học viện Quân y.
7. Members ATF, et al. ESC Guidelines for the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic heart failure 2012: The Task Force for the Diagnosis and Treatment of Acute and Chronic Heart Failure 2012 of the European Society of Cardiology. Developed in collaboration with the Heart Failure Association (HFA) of the ESC. European Heart Journal. 2012; 33(14):1787-1847.
8. Lichtenauer M, et al. A comparative analysis of novel cardiovascular biomarkers in patients with chronic heart failure. European Journal of Internal Medicine. 2017; 44:31-38.
9. Bayes-Genis A, et al. Soluble ST2 serum concentration and renal function in heart failure. Journal of Cardiac Failure. 2013; 19(11):768-775.
10. Quick S, et al. Soluble ST2 and myocardial fibrosis in 3T cardiac magnetic resonance. Scandinavian Cardiovascular Journal. 2015; 49(6):361-366.